Friday, August 5, 2011

CALIFORNIA, On My Mind!


It’s been a long, looong night… but I’m surviving! I thought that I’d find a safe place to curl up with my backpack and luggage and possibly fall asleep for a little bit before morning, but… that wasn’t the case haha. I ended up watching half of a movie that I had on my lap top and staying up for most of the night. I wasn’t too bad I guess, but I was so tired by the time it was morning. So many people started rushing passed me where I sat with my back up against a column in the middle of the airport. Lines were getting longer and more people were starting to come in to check in their luggage.

Thankfully I was directed to the correct side of the airport to check-in my one luggage haha. That made things easier. I eventually found where I needed to board and I boarded the plane just in time. The flight from Madrid back to New Jersey was long haha but I entertained myself with a movie or two. I tried falling asleep but I didn’t sleep for more than an hour, really. Before I knew it, I saw land ahead of us outside the airplane window… AMERICA AT LAST! Haha. It was great seeing landing on U.S. again and seeing the New York Skyline as the plane prepared to land. Once I exited the baggage claim area, I went directly to the next gate to catch my last flight to lovely Los Angeles, California.

I arrived at LAX around 9pm and couldn’t be more exhausted and thrilled to be back in Southern C A L I F O R N I A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment