Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bored In Studio? Doodle Evvv Werrr!


Today we had our “Mid-Review” for studio. We pinned up our diagrammatic mylar and our city grid tracing mylar and had a little show and tell about our models. You know, I didn’t think there was enough information on the mylar to have a discussion about it, but we ended up talking about everyones’ project for a lot longer than expected. I just got back from studio and it’s 11:30pm. We definitely went overtime for this studio. But anyway, there were two fans running the whole time in the studio but it was still. so. hot. We were all sweating like pigs grazing in the sun. I’d say each project took at LEAST twenty minutes to discuss. Despite the long Review, I’d have to say that it was really interesting to listen to everyone’s ideas about their urban intervention into the city and the connection to the dunes. It’s amazing what you can come up with when you’re told to do so haha.

I was the last person to present the beginnings of my project. It was almost 11pm by the time I stood up to present next to Robert. By that time, everyone was sleeping or distracted or uninterested or tired or… all of the above. Oh! By the way, other than Alex and our GSI, Paloma, we had one other reviewer, Charles. I forgot his last name, but that’s besides the point haha. Alex apparently went to school with him back in the states, so they are pretty close. It was great having Charles at our Review.

Anyway, that is just about everything I can update you about today. Other than that, I have to pack for our adventure this weekend in Granada and Cordoba!

I’m so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment