Saturday, June 11, 2011

"I just want to sit here forever."


Our professor is awesome. He has been taking us on so many amazing fieldtrips… today was one of those amazing days.

We started today by meeting at the bottom of the Pension around 11am, after Melissa and I did some epic shopping at the nearby market which took us about ten minutes and only cost us six euros. Sweet! Alex, our Professor, took separate groups at a time on a little tour because the car he rented can only hold about eight people. Luckily though, my group (Group 3) and Melissa got to be the first group to go along with Alex. He took us to several places including a salt mining camp, an old unfinished project by Toyo Ito, and Torrevieja.

Epic times with epic pictures to prove it.

First off, Toyo Ito’s structure was freaking sick! I can’t remember exactly, but I think Alex told us it was installed into the site a couple years ago but was never finished. I’m not even sure what the program of the structure was supposed to be but either way, it’s freaking awesome. The outside looks pretty questionable, not gonna lie haha, but the interior is amazing. It almost looks like a crousant (sp?) or a cacoon from the outside while the inside looks like a giant swirl of awesomeness, for lack of better words. Alex cautioned us about climbing inside of it but we went for it anyways, of course. It felt like we were hobbits as we ducked down and made our way through the “basement” area. We even dodged a bunch of shattered glass! But we made it. And it was so worth it.

Our last visit at Torrevieja has got to be one of my most favorite visits so far. It’s only twenty minutes away, too! Alex drove us around the main center of the town before dropping us off trusting that we could “find our way back” to Guardamar. Melissa, Cristian, and I decided to hang around and explore for a bit. We spent a lot of time in the SUN, holey moley. But I didn’t mind because Torrevieja has an absolutely amazing beach! AHHH my favorite, by far. The shoreline all along Torrevieja is relatively shallow with crystal clear waters… which makes for the amazing natural pools. They even have these incredible concrete benches that are placed RIGHT AT the edge of the shore; you could sit on the bench in the sun and be directly facing the Mediterranean Sea. We were all going nuts when we first saw these benches!

I think I may have a new favorite spot. Or I’ll just add it to my list…

We stayed at the shore for a good amount of time and truly soaked it all in. We took so many pictures. Every shot was guaranteed perfect with such beautiful scenery. After sitting at our “thrown” for quite some time, we ate delicious kababs (sp?) for lunch again and walked the shoreline for a while before we met up with Lu, Sherry, Yoshi, Jinah, and Angela. We met them at Valor, an amazing chocolate specialty shop where we ordered some rich chocolate drinks and horchata. SO GOOD.

The day ended with us taking the bus back to Guardamar at around seven forty five. I love public transportation AND these buses here in Spain! They’re like charter buses… for everyone! They’re so comfortable.

Anyway, that was mostly it. I really love the pictures we took today. I just can’t get over how beautiful everything is.

No comments:

Post a Comment