Thursday, June 9, 2011

I Can Get Used To This.


Today, I felt like I went to “Disneylandia,” Spanish style. We met with the Professor and the GSI’s at the plaza at 10am and got on board a little blue and yellow train. Yeah! Haha it was cute… and brought so much attention to our whole group. The host gave us a tour and informative talk about the Guardamar castle, the ruins of the Phenetians and Islamic People from nearly 800 years ago, the sand dunes, and the statue of Guardamar’s adopted hero Francisco Mira. It was actually really informative and super interesting. The most fascinating thing about the ruins to me was the fact that the ruins were preserved so well because they were buried under the sand for such a long period of time. So amazing. Oh, and we also found out that our site for the final project will be the sand dunes… I think that’s pretty cool. It’s a nice change of scenery from a typical San Francisco plot.

Anyway, after our little fieldtrip – which also included a trip to the museum - we were released for Siesta – WooHoo! Except, Melissa and I were stuck working on our diagrams for studio but soon found out that we didn’t have to stress so much about them to begin with. AND, we missed out on lunch. Eso estava loco! We’re living off of bread and Nutella. Yup. Right now, we are working in the “studio” on our photo collages and diagrams, if we didn’t finish them… I’m hoping that we won’t have too much to work on over the weekend, seeing as tomorrow is Friday!

Get this. Our professor totally bought us icecream, ham, cheese, and a special Spanish drink… and it looks like this weekend will be filled with fieldtrips and diagramming food! I love this summer already!

Oh, and next weekend will quite possibly be our only long weekend of the summer… so we’re all trying to plan some kind of epic trip out to Paris, Rome, Portugal, or something crazy like that. We’ll see.

I just want to explore!

PS: I think I’m finally gaining my tan back. Skin, it’s been far too long since you’ve seen the sun. I think it’s time for some hardcore bonding time.

18. If you just “stand there” near or in a Spanish restaurant or café, you WILL be attacked with “special beverages” and wine galore. On the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment