Friday, June 3, 2011

Spain, here I come!


Day one. Well, today is the day. The day that my friend Melissa and I have been talking about for quite some time. As I write this, I am aboard Flight 16 of Continental Airlines, we just left approximately thirty five minutes ago and I believe we are currently flying above Nevada! But anyway, as I was saying... I am on my way to SPAIN!!! It's so surreal, I cannot even begin to tell you how "DREAMY" it feels, haha.

As I've mentioned once, twice, or thrice before, this summer is already as EPIC as summers get for Miss James Coopernol. It's going to happen. Less than 24 hours from now I will be in SPAIN! I have yet to travel outside of the lovely U-S-of-A, so as you may imagine - I AM SO STOKED! I remember even before I started my first semester at UC Berkeley, I knew that I wanted to Study Abroad. Along with this, of course, I promised myself that I would do as much as I can, see as much as I can - in order to be whatever it was I would decide to be. I promised myself that I'd take advantage of as many of the opportunities and experiences that Cal would present to me: No matter what. So far, I think I've been doing a pretty decent job.

It's not just about the act of doing things or going places itself that matters... it's about what you do when you get there and how you spend your time. I guess this idea is relatable to most any aspect of life: quality over quantity, "_____" is what you make of it, and the fun isn't in reaching a destination, it's in the journey along the way. Even now, the airtime I have for myself right now is precious; it's when I can truly think, relax, and look forward to the journey ahead.

As I am a new comer when it comes to traveling, I have NO IDEA what to expect once I arrive in Spain. How big of a culture-shock will it be? Will I be able to get by with my little knowledge of high school Spanish? What is it like to stay in a HOSTEL? What are the people like? IS THE FOOD GOOD? Haha I have no idea! Aside from gaining this new cultural experience, one thing that I absolutely want to take from my experience abroad is a brand new perspective of Life itself. I'm quite greedy when it comes to obtaining worldly revelations, which is why I'm ready to make like a SPONGE and ABSORB everything I can. I'm hoping that whatever new perspective this experience gives me, I hope it gives me a fresh set of eyes to see the world differently, which will allow me to experience myself in the most accurate way. In the unknown territory where you are thrown, your true colors will shine... yee!

Anyway, we are nearly a third of the way to this flight's destination, Newark, New Jersey. AND, I must say, I gotta pee "like a Race Horse" Haha. Cheers to the new adventure ahead and the many memories that will be made. Vamos Espana! :)

PS: I must note that Simple Plan is currently touring in Europe right now. Oh, how I'd love to "accidentally" run into them, haha!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you had a wonderful time! And now you have the answers to all your questions! =)

    ReplyDelete