Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm So Starving!


My shorts are loosening around the waist, I almost skipped a non-existent dinner for an epic sunset, and our collages for Studio are looking like ink-blots on mylar. What an interesting day.

So, Melissa and I are basically… starving children. We’re running out of food in our room and we ate what we had and what we could find. This morning we ate nutella and bread, chocolate muffins, and oranges for breakfast on our little balcony. Ironically, after I teased us about potentially eating the same “snacks” for every meal… we ate just as poorly as we did for breakfast as we did for dinner. And do you know why the inevitable ended up happening?

Because we didn’t know that the Pension doesn’t serve dinner on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Can you believe that?! We were starving the whole day haha. Seriously. Anyway, other than our stomachs grumbling all day, we used the internet earlier in the day to do our research for Coastal Energy Systems before we went to studio. Studio was interesting today in that we started printing out our collages on the mylar we brought. They weren’t coming out the way last year’s class did, Alex says, so I think we’ll be going with the flow with this project. Hopefully everything works out. But if all else fails, I think I’m okay with the ink-blot “plots” on the mylar. It makes the class more enjoyable because we’re doing things I have never done in a studio class.

Once studio ended at 9pm (it was a long day today), Melissa and I rushed out with only food on our minds. But as we started walking, I pointed at the sky and said that “the sunset must look so epic right now!” I was so right. The gradient of blues and purples and pinks and oranges and yellows in the sky were too tempting for us to shrug off our shoulders.

We ran to the edge of the bus station just in time to catch the epic sunset. It was just breath-taking. I don’t know how else to describe it.

22. Everything is stored and sold in glass jars and bottles; In America, everything is stored in plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment