Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sticky-Icky.


So today is Wednesday AKA the day of the best market in town - The Mercadillo - and despite our lack of sleep, Melissa and I actually woke up early! I'd like to thank the annoying alarm I set five times haha. But anyway, Melissa, Sherry, Yoshie, and I made it to the Mercadillo and browsed around for a bit before class at 10am. Melissa spotted some really pretty sandals and I saw some strawberry-patterned undergarments but we didn't end up buying them on the spot since we were feeling rushed to get to class... next time, though. Next time.

Anyway, the days are getting hotter and even more sticky. I feel like a brush that has been dipped in a tub of wax or honey and has been sitting out to dry. Does that even make sense?! Well, you get the idea haha. The studio has the worst ventilation, thus the stuffy and humid feeling we feel every minute we're working in there! But, it's okay. Today I had a lot of fun working with photo transfers! I printed a bunch of extra pictures to transfer into my sketchbook and some postcards and they look so legit! If I could, I would just sit and transfer photos all day. Tomorrow we're supposed to have our pinup for what we have so far on our mylar. We'll see how that goes!

A group of nine of us also just booked a hostel for this Saturday night in Cordoba! We were all huddled behind Molly's laptop in one of the rooms on the second floor trying to figure out how to best spend the weekend. From the looks of it, it's going to be another awesome adventure. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment