Sunday, July 10, 2011

Drop-Dead-Uhhhmazing!


“Kids, we done today good. That’s all I gotta say.” Today was both our second and last day in Barcelona… but I think we maximized our time here as best we could. For starters, we first visited Sagrada Familia – which, by the way, I have been waiting to see for such a long time! I was so excited to see this beautiful creation. I’d like to compare my first impression of the Sagrada Familia up-close to the first time I saw The Wiltern in Los Angeles, California. This is because… as soon as we reached the top of the escalater and turned around, just the way I did in Los Angeles, there it was! The Sagrada Familia was right behind us and all of us gasped. I couldn’t get over how amazing this cathedral really is. As expected, I took far too many pictures haha but that’s okay! Because when’s the next time I’ll come back again? Anyway, all of us were stoked beyond words about what our eyes were seeing. And all of this multiplied by ten once we entered and saw the interior of the Sagrada Familia. Literally, once we all saw the inside, we all couldn’t stop saying to ourselves, “Oh my god, Oh my god!” It was truly amazing. Gaudi is a genius.

Speaking of Gaudi, we spent the rest of the day hitting up all of Gaudi’s most famous works, including the most amazing park EVER, Park Guell! As soon as I walked into this public park, I thought of Arch 170A and I fell in love with just about everything there – especially the beautiful and colorful tile! Ahhh! I couldn’t believe my eyes… the whole idea behind the park is just brilliant and absolutely gorgeous. I don’t even know where to begin! All I have to say is I didn’t want to leave and I just had to buy one of those tiled salamander magnets.


Since we were pressed on time and had to catch a 10pm bus back to Alicante, we rushed our way to both of Gaudi’s Casa Mila and Casa Bastillo. Fortunately, we were able to get to Casa Mila in time and we were able to go inside and explore the roof top, museum, and apartments. It was so crazy. Again, all I could think about was Arch 170A… it was all coming to life! We didn’t get to go inside of Casa Batillo but we took a lot of great pictures of its exterior… which, by the way, totally overshadows every building adjacent to it haha.

I love you, Gaudi!

No comments:

Post a Comment