Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hahah "You guuuys, I'm crying! I almost pee'd my pants!"


Today was our first full day in Barcelona and we spent a lot of hours on our feet - how it should be! After eating an enormously filling but equally delicious korean breakfast, we started our day off at the Picasso museum. I really, really enjoyed going through his exhibits! Even though I'm a bigger fan of his earlier works before the whole cubism shabbam happened, i still really respect this artist who is immortalize through his paintings. I ended up buying a couple things from the Picasso gift shop and a really awesome Van Gogh postcard haha. I loved it there! Afterwards, we went to the Joan Miro museum as well. I'll have to say I didn't enjoy this museum as much as the first... but it was still cool. I think it's because I'm not attracted to the whole "modern art" scene where "artists" can make meaning of a dinner plate glued onto canvas. But anyway, it was still fun! While we waited for Jinah to finish her museum tour, Edjar, Lu, and I took tons of pictures all around the museum including a sculpture garden that was right next door. Hahah I don't know what triggered it exactly, but while we were taking pictures in the sculpture garden, I just busted out laughing so hard... SO hard that I legitimately cried! It lasted for a good five to ten minutes hahah! It felt so good to laugh until I cry. Even if I can't remember why I started to laugh to begin with.

Afterwards, we ended up eating some delicious gelato and GUESS WHAT. I ran into a group of those people a part of the whole "Free Hugs" campaign... guess what! I actually got a hug from them and took a picture with them! They were so friendly and were holding up signs saying "Abrazos Gratis!" I just had to ask them for a hug and picture. They made my day. Anywho, soon after we ended up visiting the Mies Van Der Rohe building, the Barcelona Pavillion. Haha you should have seen Edgar and Lu! They were so excited to see the pavillion in person because they had used the pavillion for numerous case studies in their studio classes. Only architecture students... haha! It was great.



The evening ended with us stumbling into the main market area where, apparently, "the whole party was at," because there was a market, a Harley Davidson motorcycle exhibition/festival, and a pretty epic water fountain performance in the center square right below the beautiful museum of modern art. It was so amazing. The water fountain show actually lasted a lot longer than we had expected! It's like... every time the fountain or fountain lights or music was turned back on, we were drawn back to the fountain. We just couldn't leave!

There's so much to do in Barcelona! I wish we had more than one day left here!

No comments:

Post a Comment