Friday, July 22, 2011

Listen To Journey When They Say, "Don't Stop Believing"!


I rolled out of bed this morning with the Studio sparkle in my eye... or should I say, a fire-cracker explosion that has worn me out! Haha. The alarm went off at 9am but Melissa and I, as usual, hit the snooze button and woke up fifteen minutes before ten. We washed up, tied up our hair, ate our muffin, and started walking down the three flights of stairs. It's how we do. All we're doing in Studio now is finalizing all of our models, designs, drawings, and preparing for our Final Review next week! Where did this week go?! Just a few more days to go.

I can finally say that I have tried absolutely everything I possibly can to be able to manipulate my Rhino model. Aside from trying every single possible way cut a section, export lines, trim layers, etc... Paloma even tried opening my BEAST of a model on Google SketchUp Pro on her laptop. Nothing seemed to work. Apparently the weird geometry of my Jelly Fish forms are so complex and dense that working with it in any possible way is a job only for a high-powerful desktop computer, Paloma said. It's so strange how small the file is, yet it's too "complex" to handle. The complexity of the geometry grows while the file size stays the same. That's pretty sneaky. Anyway, I really appreciated her trying to help me figure out how to manage my model, oh man. I guess I'll just have to fudge it!

Oh! Haha while we were in our little Studio, so many people were stopped by, peeped their heads in, and asked what the heck we were doing haha. I felt like someone new was walking in every thirty minutes or so. We have our exhibition poster and Berkeley Summer Sessions poster taped outside on the window, so the whole world can see who we are and what mischief we're up to. Speaking of Summer Sessions, the facilitator behind our Travel Study Program flew in for the weekend to check up on us and to scope out everything haha. He's the one that "supported [Alex's] crazy idea" to launch this summer studio in Spain!

I still have tons to do but I know it will get done. By golly, it will.

Lets do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment