Saturday, July 2, 2011

"She's a BEAST, dude!"


Today was our second day in Granada and we spent most of the day walking around the main City Plaza of where our new hostel was. I should mention that I totally knocked out last night at the old hostel. I was OUT like a log; I woke up this morning with some solid shut-eye. Anyway, after we arrived at our new hostel, we began walking. Oh! By the way, the hostel we're staying at right now is so awesome! It's very Spanish. I love the lobby room where the interior is decorated beautifully and there was traditional Spanish music playing.

But anywho, we started our day by going to the Market that was outside of the Cathedral. There were alleys and alleys, all intertwining and connecting that were filled with venders and sellers. There were so many beautiful and colorful things being sold... I didn't know where to look first! In the end, I bought a couple postcards, a magnet, a candle-holder, and a gorgeous hand-made, 100% leather purse... it's definitely going to last for a very, very long time haha. I love it. Since we split up into a few groups at this time, we reconvened later in the afternoon so we could officially check into our hostel. Edgar, Leslie, Ceci, Yoshie, Molly, Albert, Jinah, Lu, Matt, Cristian, and Sherry stayed on the top floor (By the way, I have never seen so many bunk-beds packed into one small room) while Melissa and I stayed on the floor below.

Later on we continued to walk around, shop, browse, and all that jazz. The night ended with us meeting up together for out reservation for the Flamenca performance in a nearby venue. Flamenca is a Spanish dance where a woman claps and taps her feet at impressive speed and precision to a guitarists melody. Anyway, we were lucky enough to see this performance, this Flamenca dancer and... Dude, the lady was a beast! The guitarist, older man, and woman performed amazingly. All I remember was how intense the lady was, how fast her feet moved, and how intimidating it must be for any guy to dance with her! Unless, of course, he can dance the dance twice as fast.

So amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment