Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Jelly Fish Pulled Through!


Today is Wednesday. That means that today was the very last Mercadillio that we went to. We couldn’t, wouldn’t, and didn’t miss this amazing market for the world. So, we got ourselves out of bed before meeting up with Alex and browsed around a bunch of booths. Since it WAS the last time we were ever going to be able to go to a Mercadillo, I finally decided to buy a nice dress haha. I’ve been eyeing it for the past several Mercadillos… haha so I’m glad I finally got it. We scurried back to the Pension before meeting with everyone else; all the while I was mentally preparing for my presentation at Final Review that was about to happen!

So, today was Day ONE of Final Review… and I am officially D. O. N. E. with Arch 101! Since I’m in Group 1, I was a part of the first group to present today (Group 2 presented today as well). I think my presentation went well. It was the first time that I didn’t rush through my presentation and slur my words together haha. That usually happens since I get really nervous sometimes, but today… I handled it much better. The reviewers, Alex, Paloma, and Vicente (a visiting architect from Alicante) seemed to like my project. Vicente kept saying that my Jelly Fish were so… different and very unique. He couldn’t think of any other place that looks like my Jelly Fish haha. I guess that’s a good thing. Of course, my project isn’t resolved and essentially, it is still “incomplete” but for the amount of time I had to produce a building and with all the technical problems I was having with my complex Jelly Fish… I’m really proud of the end result! Final Review = Success! I’m so glad I finished today.



Anywho, half of the class finished presenting today. Up next: Groups 3 and 4! After Final Review, most people hung around for an hour or so and then everyone met up at the “Alone” café that’s right across the street from our Studio and we all celebrated the ending of our summer session with dinner. The owners of this café made a GIGANTIC pan of Paella for all of us with enormous shrimp and mussel. Oh baby! It was nice to eat with everyone and wind down after a long day of our first day of Review. Haha “Edgar and his women” were all sitting together having a blast and we were writing each other’s names in whatever language we knew… all over each others’ hands… just because haha.

Only three days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment