Monday, July 25, 2011

Go, Jelly Fish, Go!


Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... it is my pleasure to announce the official completion of my design project for Arch 101 Studio this summer! Yes! You heard right. The only thing left for me to do is to plot and present within the next couple days. Even though I've been having so many difficulties with the complex geometry that I used to create my "Jelly Fish" forms and even though I had to start over and redo everything a countless amount of times, I'm pretty happy with the result of my project and I'll admit, these Jelly Fish of mine have really grown on me haha. I mean, we did only have a couple weeks to crank out the whole project in its entirety! The last two weeks or so have been brutal, but we made it through! Melissa and I have been working so hard these last few days. It's crazy how we even forgot to eat... since the hours pass as quickly as a shooting star shoots through the sky. The lack of sleep and decent food has really drained us, but that was expected... haha. As soon as I got up this morning, I literally sat up and clicked "Save" on the render I had left running over night and set up another render... I did this all even fore going to the restroom. What's up with that?! Haha.

Well, anyway, it was definitely another L O N G day today. Melissa, Albert, and I were working all morning, afternoon, and evening. Once we saved everything and were ready to go print, we got the news from some of our classmates the plotter that we were using broke... after seven people plotted, it broke. It was expected though, twenty-five kids plotting two boards right after another... it was bound to happen! It sucks because we really wanted to print today and we were ready to get it over with, but it's okay. We'll just have to print tomorrow. Hopefully.



I'm really proud of the work I produced in these last couple weeks though! I really, really am. The renders I made came out pretty well. And thanks to Albert, Melissa and I were finally able to successfully produce a "night render." It's awesome! But anywho, I'm probably going to hit the hay early tonight and finish up some other little things tomorrow morning.

Go Jelly Fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment