Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mushrooms, Jelly Fish, or Knome Hats?


So, today we had a more formal pin-up for Studio. Everyone was frantic getting all their work done and printed. For the first half of class today and all of yesterday, I have been trying to figure out how the heck to translate my physical model into Archeological Housing and a Research Center. Alex kept pushing us to plop our Rhino model of our physical model into the dunes site and edit, edit, edit until spatial elements start to appear. So... that's exactly what I did. And what did I come with? Well, lets just say I couldn't come up with any other name to describe what my project looks like so far other than: Mushrooms, Jelly Fish, or Knome Hats... yeah. Weird, I know. But, that's what my project looks like so far.

After I presented my project during pin-up our GSI (Paloma) told me that the forms of my building remind her of Gaudi's work, just a more modern version haha. I think she's right on the money because after visiting Park Guell and Sagrada Familia... I instantly fell in love with his work. I'm a fan!

Anyway, other than studio, Melissa, Sherry, and I walked around the city after dinner and enjoyed a most epic sunset at the castle AND a picturesque sight of the clearest moon I've seen here reflecting over the Mediterranean. It was gorgeous. I didn't bring my camera, but my eyeballs won't ever forget what I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment