Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Now, THIS Is My Cup of Tea!



Oh man, so today we have been printing nearly all day at Copi Gama trying to prepare our boards and presentations for Final Review. It’s been pretty stressful because there were so many of us trying to print two boards on one plotter in the store. Also, a handful of us were having technical difficulties with our Illustrator files… some were too large to open or needed to be split into two different PDF files. All of which slowed down the printing process. But anyway! Haha in the mean while, the students who already presented were with Alex who was getting interviewed by the local news! Yeah! We really are the celebrities of Guardamar. They must have interviewed Alex for a while because we arrived at the pin-up space before everyone else did.

Aside from printing our boards, we spent most of today pinning up all of our work and making our exhibit look presentable. Once everyone else arrived at the Ayuntamiento we all just mingled together, nibbled on the snacks and refreshments that were brought to the exhibit earlier, and were occasionally taped by the local news who were walking around documenting the whole event! Haha. Since it was nearly 9pm by the time the press left, Alex decided that it’d be best to officially start our Final Review tomorrow! Group 1 and 2 will be presenting tomorrow on Wednesday and Group 3 and 4 will be presenting on Thursday. That’s totally fine with me. I just feel so relieved to have plotted!



As soon as I thought the day was over, a spontaneous idea came to mind. Alex asked us if –to those who have not gone yet— if we wanted to go to the Tea House. Earlier in the summer, Alex took most of the class to this amazing little gem outside the skirts of Elche, which is only about thirty or so minutes away. Since all of us were finished with our work, we really had nothing else to do, so we jumped on the opportunity! Haha it was getting late, but Alex and Paloma still drove a group of us to the Tea House. And let me tell you, I absolutely LOVED this place! Yes, it was dark when we got there. Yes, I was tired from the crazy printing session earlier in the day. But, “Oh my jesus,” I just couldn’t stop taking pictures (of what I could) and focusing my eyes on what was visible in the darkness haha. We ended up staying there for a good two hours. I wanted to stay longer haha. But anyway, it’s like a magical, exotic garden in the middle of no where… with beautifully-lit lanterns, lush greenery everywhere, lounging areas, tents that you can sit in and have tea, peacocks chillin’ on the roof (literally), geckos on the walls, kittens and puppies running here and there, an impressively-built house that you discover its history by running your fingers along the walls and walking through carved spaces… it’s incredible.



One of my most favorite things about the Tea House is the view of the stars at night. Since we got there pretty late, we could see so many stars out in the sky. And since the Tea House is located in the middle of nowhere, away from all the light pollution, it’s like being covered with a blanket of millions of stars when you look up. It. was. breathtaking. Being in such an exotic environment is almost as sweet as the teas and snacks they served us under the tent, or maybe even sweeter!

I really, really want to go back. Maybe if I'm lucky enough I'll go back to the Tea House in my dreams tonight haha. Wish me luck on tomorrow's presentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment