Friday, July 15, 2011

Look At All the Pretty Lights!


We had a work day today in Studio today. I was actually pretty productive today since I slept like a log last night! After our lunch at the Pension, Melissa and I decided to lay out on the beach... which, I still can't believe is only a 5-10 minute walk from where we are staying. The red flags were out today indicating the danger of riptides out on the beach... so, we just found a spot on the sand near the shore and plopped right down. We were laying down for close to an hour before we sat up to go back to Studio. We were HOT and I definitely go noticeably darker haha.

Anyway, time spent in Studio flew by as usual and before we knew it, we were back in our rooms in the Pension. Melissa and I decided to check out the festivities that were being held across from the town church. Apparently, Guardamar is having their annual celebration for its founding (something along those lines) this whole WEEK... which, I was told, involved a bunch of parties, decorations, parades, performances, traditional dances, etc... it should be interesting! Today, we got a glimpse of the performances and some fireworks that were shot right down the street from us! Walking down the decorated street here reminded me of Main Street at Disneyland haha.

We ended the night by hitting up the local farmer's market that's held every night during this time of year. I love browsing all the booths!

PS: I wanted to watch Harry Potter 7 Part II here SO BADLY but there weren't any nearby theaters that were showing the English version of it! As much as I'd love to hear "Harry Potter" be said in the Spanish accent over and over again haha... I need to see the original version first! I guess I shall have to wait until I get back to the states.

26. SpongeBob SquarePants, Hello Kitty, and The Simpsons merchandise is sound absolutely everywhere here.

No comments:

Post a Comment